Empire State Diversity Honors Scholarship Program
Full-time or Part-time students: Varies from $200 to full tuition (20-25 awards)
1. Student will make a contribution to the diversity of the student body in their program, primarily by overcoming a disadvantage or other impediment to success in higher education. Financial need and economic disadvantage is a diversity indicator. Other indicators include physical or other disability, first generation college student status and non-English speaking background, and membership in a racial/ethnic group that is underrepresented in the program or school.
2. High school average of 80 or better
3. 200-word essay explaining education and career goals
4. Must file for financial aid
5. Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident aliens and must be a NYS resident
Renewal: Full-time scholarships are renewable up to three additional semesters provided the student maintains a cumulative average of 3.0