Suffolk Federal Scholarship
Suffolk Federal is a strong, growing and not-for-profit credit union, focused on meeting the financial needs of the community so members benefit with better rates, fewer fees, greater conveniences and personal service from neighbors who care. Suffolk Federal partners with the Suffolk Community College Foundation to provide critical financial support to eligible Suffolk students. Supporting these worthy students by providing financial assistance as they undertake their college experience is one of the Suffolk Federal missions. In general, college without the additional financial burden is stressful enough. The scholarships awarded by Suffolk Federal will help to alleviate some of that burden, so these worthy students can focus on their future educational and career goals right here on Long Island.
Awarded to: Full-time students: $5,000 award (4 awards)
• Resident of Suffolk County
• Minimum High School GPA of 77
• Demonstrated involvement in extracurricular activities and community service
• Student must submit an essay of no more than 250 words explaining their eligibility and how they will benefit from receiving this scholarship.
• Must be a member of Suffolk Federal at the time of the award. Proof of membership must be provided. If students are related to a Member of Suffolk Federal, they are eligible to apply, however, if selected, they must have an account with Suffolk Federal prior to receiving the scholarship award. All you need to become a member is visit Suffolk Federal online or at a conveniently located branch office and present:
- Proof that you live, work, worship, attend school or regularly conduct business in Suffolk County, NY, or have an immediate family member of current membership.
- A valid driver’s license, passport, military ID or state ID.
- A U.S. Social Security number.
- U.S. citizenship or resident alien status.
- External account information, if funding from an external account.