Jefferson's Ferry Employee & Dependent Child Nursing Scholarship
This scholarship was created to support a NEW student entering Suffolk County Community College with an intent to enroll in the nursing program or a related health profession, and who is either a current Jefferson’s Ferry employee or a dependent child of a current Jefferson’s Ferry employee.
Awarded to: Full-time NEW student, College-wide
Award: $2000 (one award split between fall and spring semesters, if student maintains enrollment and GPA criteria)
1. Must be a full-time NEW student to Suffolk County Community College, enrolled in a nursing program or intend to enroll in a nursing program or related health profession
2. Must be an active employee in good standing for at least 12 months at Jefferson’s Ferry (either full-time or regular part-time) or a dependent child of an employee
3. High School GPA 75 or higher (2.0 GPA)
4. One letter of recommendation
5. Essay up to 250 words describing your interest in nursing or a related health profession
- College-Wide, New Student
- Supplemental Questions
- Please describe your interest in nursing or a related health profession.
- Are you an employee of Jefferson's Ferry in good standing or a 'dependent child' of an employee at Jefferson's Ferry? (You will need to submit documentation if awarded the scholarship.)
- Please request one letter of recommendation.