Michael E. Reilly Memorial Scholarship
Facilitated by Suffolk Federal, a strong, growing and not-for-profit credit union, the Michael E. Reilly Memorial Scholarship supports promising students at Suffolk County Community College who are pursuing their higher education dreams. A veteran member of the Board of Directors and Treasurer of Suffolk Federal, Edward Reilly served as Chief of the Patchogue Fire Department who together with his family and firehouse, lost his son Michael, an AE3 and EMT in the U.S. Coast Guard, a first responder and member of the Department’s Ambulance Company. While home on leave, Michael tragically lost his life in a vehicle accident as his ambulance raced to assist a firefighter in December, 1980. We celebrate Michael’s memory through assisting a promising student who is a family member of a first responder or a firefighter.
Awarded to: Full-time NEW student
Award: $6,275 (one award)
1. Resident of Suffolk County
2. Minimum high school GPA of 77
3. Be enrolled at SCCC full-time
4. Submit credential of applicant or family member who is or has been a volunteer or professional firefighter, EMT, or Ambulance Corps first responder
5. Submit a minimum 250 word essay detailing academic achievements, extracurricular and community activities. Please note your personal connection to having a family member of a local fire department or EMS
6. Must be a member of Suffolk Federal at the time of the award. Proof of membership must be provided if selected for the scholarship. If the student is related to a member of Suffolk Federal, they are eligible to apply, however, if selected, the student must have their own account with Suffolk Federal.