Empire State Diversity Honors Scholarship Program for NEW Students
The Empire State Diversity Honors Scholarship (ESDHS) Program is a scholarship of direct aid to attract and retain undergraduate students to State University of New York campuses who have demonstrated high academic achievement and can demonstrate that they will contribute to the diversity of the student body. The program is for students from a broad range of backgrounds who will contribute to the diversity of the student body in their chosen program or school.
Awarded To: Full-time or Part-time New Students
Award: partial to full tuition
1. High school average of 80 or better
2. Must complete a FAFSA for financial aid determination
3. Must be a US citizen or permanent resident alien
4. Must be a NY State resident
5. Write a 250 word essay on how you plan to make a contribution to the diversity of the student body at Suffolk County Community College, primarily by demonstrating how you have overcome a disadvantage or other impediment to success in higher education.
Even though financial need is not a requirement for eligibility, applicants may utilize economic disadvantage as a basis for eligibility. Membership in a racial/ethnic group that is underrepresented at SCCC may serve as a plus factor in the selection process. This scholarship is renewable for up to four semesters with the following criteria: 3.0 GPA; FAFSA filed and continue to meet the financial aid guidelines; continue to meet residency requirement; full-time or part-time enrollment.