The Rosalie Sillitti Memorial Scholarship
Created in memory of Rosalie Sillitti (Class of 1986) to support the aspirations of the non-traditional or returning student who possesses a curious mind and an indomitable spirit and who is inspired to attend college after being out of school for ten years or more.
New Students – Must complete the New Student General Application even if returning to SCCC after 10 years.
- Non-Traditional or Returning Student who is enrolling in college after a minimum of 10 years out of school (subsequent to high school or last college attendance) where time away from school was, at least in part, spent raising child (children) or caring for parent(s);
- Open to Full-Time or Part-Time Students;
GPA of 3.0 or higher overall in high school or, if a returning student, GPA of 3.0 or higher in last year of college attendance
- Student to provide essay of 250 to 500 words: (i) describing the obstacles faced and the reasons why the student did not directly pursue post-secondary education or complete such education; (ii) explaining what inspires the student to continue their education at this time, after having been out of school for 10 years or more; and (iii) explaining how this scholarship will assist the student in overcoming challenges faced in pursuit of their academic and career goals.
- The Family of Rosalie Sillitti
- College-Wide, New Student
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you been out of school for at least 10 years?
- Over the past ten years, have you had to put your education on hold due to caring for a child or parent?
- Please submit a 250 to 500 words essay describing the following: (1) obstacles faced and the reasons why you did not pursue or complete your education (2) what inspires you to continue your education at this time (3) how this scholarship will assist you in overcoming challenges faced in pursuit of your academic and career goals.