Local 338 Charities Scholarship for NEW Students
Local 338 RWDSU/UFCW supports the higher education goals of its members and their dependents. This scholarship has been established for Local 338 members and their dependents who will be attending Suffolk County Community College.
Awarded to: Full-time or Part-time NEW students, College-wide
Award: $2,000 per semester, renewable for the following semester. Scholarship covers tuition only. (Fees are not covered. For part time students, tuition charges will be covered, up to $2000.)
1. Must be a Local 338 RWDSU/UFCW member or dependent of a Local 338 member. (Membership will be verified by Local 338.)
2. Must have a minimum 85 high school GPA. Student must be enrolled and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA to receive award in subsequent semester.
Please note: Local 338 or affiliated Funds staff or relatives of staff are not eligible as well as any SCCC or SCC Foundation staff or relatives.
- Local 338 Charities
- College-Wide, New Student
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a Local 338 RWDSU/UFCW member or the dependent of a LOCAL 338 member in good standing for at least one year? If the member is someone other than yourself, please provide the member's name and place of employment and relationship to you.
- Please submit an essay describing why you are a deserving candidate. Include what motivated you to enroll at SCCC and what you hope to accomplish in your career. Also, please include where you currently work, if employed.